Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Task 2

Task 2
Choose one of the following parts:
Part 2

1. Which character did you choose and why?:
I chose Beowulf because, he is the main character of the story. His father is the noble warrior-lord named Ecgtheow. He has fought with 5 beasts and won. King Hrothgar saw him growing up and become stronger and stronger. He also fights 9 sea-monsters with his sword. So I found Beowulf a real warrior because, he is very brave and fights for his family and country.

2. Write down as many characteristics about your character as possible:
- Brave
- Strong
- Fearless
- Man
- He is a good guy
- He is a good swimmer
- He lives in a tribe

3. Write an interview:
Why did you 'the Geats' across the sea from Geatland to Denmark?

We went to Denmark because we want to help Hrothgar. Because Grendel is attacking the mead-hall.
So we dressed up and went to Denmark where there was a coast guard who asked us some questions especially about why we came dressed for the battle.

Who is your dad?

My dad's name is Ecgtheow. In his day, my father was a famous man, A noble warrior-lord
he outlasted many a long winter and went on his way all over the world.
Men wise in counsel continue to remember him as a good man.

Where did you go and who let you in?

We went to Denmark where a guard waiting for us. We had to bring a message to Hrothgar. When he heard from us, he immediately let us come to Hearot. He told about the deeds of me.

Who is Wulfgar?

a renowned hunter, the man whose name was known for courage, also called the Geat leader.

What was your request to the king of the Bright-Danes?

My request was that the privilege of purifying Hearot, with my own men to help him and to kill the monsters.

Who did you take over in a swimming match at sea?

Breca

What was your ordeal?

I had to fight against whale-beasts and other sea-monsters. 5 nights I had to control the high waves, the perishing cold and the monsters that came out of the water.

Where did you land after the fight?

I landed safely on the coast of Finland.

Who was your greatest enemy? 

Grendel

Where were you taken by the coast guard?

The coast guard recognizes the nobility in the Geat leader and led us easily to Heorot, where we gathered in the mead-hall













Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Book Report Test

Book Report Test Forrest Gump Winston Groom  116 pages A 1  1. What skin collour is Bubba? A) White B) Black C) It is not mentioned in the book 2 Which instrument plays Bubba? A) Gitar B) Harmonica C) Banjo 3 With what animal does he become friends? A) Dog B) Ape C) Bird 4 What is the name of the animal? A) Sue B) Jenny C) Oli 5 What did Forrest do after his flight to space? He started to ... A) Gambling B) Run C) Wrestling 6 What did Forrest do after he was sent from his school? A) He started to football B) He went into the army C) He started to play Ping Pong 7 Has Forrest won the game of chess against the old man in the hotel? A) The game has never been finished B) No C) Yes 8 What was the name of his girlfriend? A) Senna B) Jenny C) Emma 9 What was the name of his Coach? A) Fellers B) Martins C) Haris 10 To which country was he sent when he was in the army? A) Afg...

Task 11

(part of) sentence Quote Reason for choice… Image I see… 1. His eyes all orange flame It gives an idea how angry he was. 2. He flicked the igniter It showes how he had the power. 3. He walked out of the fire station It gives an illustration. 4. Her face was slender and milk-white I immediately thought of beautiful girls so I wrote down the quote . 5. Her dress was white and it whispered It gives an explaining about the dress. 6. “What-the smell of kerosene” I also like the smell of kerosene. 7. “I’m seventeen and I’m crazy I thought of friends who are 17 and crazy too . 8. He saw himself in her eyes it illustrates how they look at each other 9. That’s against the law It gives a good idea of his humor. 10. That’s a rose- garden It shows how she dreams of a rose-garden

Task 14

1. Read the two excerpts below. Explain how Celie feels about Shug. How do you know? (Copy / underline the words). She finds her very beautiful, more beautiful than her mother and her self. - The most beautiful woman I ever saw. She more pretty then my mama. She bout ten thousand times more prettier then me. She really wants to see her and likes to look at her. - Lord, I wants to go so bad. Not to dance. Not to drink. Not to play card. Not even to hear Shug Avery sing. I just be thankful to lay eyes on her. 2. Now look at these 2 clips (The Color Purple, 1985): What would you say about Shug’s ‘feelings’ towards Celie? Please explain. I love the way Miss Celie and Shug came together. Shut taught her to value herself and dream beyond her situation.