Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Task 14

1. Read the two excerpts below. Explain how Celie feels about Shug. How do you know? (Copy / underline the words).
She finds her very beautiful, more beautiful than her mother and her self.
- The most beautiful woman I ever saw. She more pretty then my mama. She bout ten thousand times more prettier then me.


She really wants to see her and likes to look at her.
- Lord, I wants to go so bad. Not to dance. Not to drink. Not to play card. Not even to hear Shug Avery sing. I just be thankful to lay eyes on her.



2. Now look at these 2 clips (The Color Purple, 1985): What would you say about Shug’s ‘feelings’ towards Celie? Please explain.
I love the way Miss Celie and Shug came together. Shut taught her to value herself and dream beyond her situation.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Book Report Test

Book Report Test Forrest Gump Winston Groom  116 pages A 1  1. What skin collour is Bubba? A) White B) Black C) It is not mentioned in the book 2 Which instrument plays Bubba? A) Gitar B) Harmonica C) Banjo 3 With what animal does he become friends? A) Dog B) Ape C) Bird 4 What is the name of the animal? A) Sue B) Jenny C) Oli 5 What did Forrest do after his flight to space? He started to ... A) Gambling B) Run C) Wrestling 6 What did Forrest do after he was sent from his school? A) He started to football B) He went into the army C) He started to play Ping Pong 7 Has Forrest won the game of chess against the old man in the hotel? A) The game has never been finished B) No C) Yes 8 What was the name of his girlfriend? A) Senna B) Jenny C) Emma 9 What was the name of his Coach? A) Fellers B) Martins C) Haris 10 To which country was he sent when he was in the army? A) Afg...

Task 4

Jack and his father. There was once a young man named Jack Lumbert, he was a big strong man. His father wanted him to go into the army, but he did not see that. He would much rather be a writer. He got into a fight with his father about his future. His father called him a traitor because he did not want to fight for his country. But he saw that differently because he wanted to become a famous writer. One day Jack went to the notorious mountain, where many people have already died, he wanted to get inspiration for his novel. Once he arrived at the mountain he went to find a place where he could sit. He started writing, writing and writing. Suddenly he heard a loud bang, so he went to see what was there. He could not believe his eyes what had happened. His father had jumped from the mountain. Jack felt very guilty because he had not listened to his father. Two days after the death of his father, he went into the army to honor his father. He turned out to be a very good soldier. He was ...

Task 11

(part of) sentence Quote Reason for choice… Image I see… 1. His eyes all orange flame It gives an idea how angry he was. 2. He flicked the igniter It showes how he had the power. 3. He walked out of the fire station It gives an illustration. 4. Her face was slender and milk-white I immediately thought of beautiful girls so I wrote down the quote . 5. Her dress was white and it whispered It gives an explaining about the dress. 6. “What-the smell of kerosene” I also like the smell of kerosene. 7. “I’m seventeen and I’m crazy I thought of friends who are 17 and crazy too . 8. He saw himself in her eyes it illustrates how they look at each other 9. That’s against the law It gives a good idea of his humor. 10. That’s a rose- garden It shows how she dreams of a rose-garden