Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Task 14

1. Read the two excerpts below. Explain how Celie feels about Shug. How do you know? (Copy / underline the words).
She finds her very beautiful, more beautiful than her mother and her self.
- The most beautiful woman I ever saw. She more pretty then my mama. She bout ten thousand times more prettier then me.


She really wants to see her and likes to look at her.
- Lord, I wants to go so bad. Not to dance. Not to drink. Not to play card. Not even to hear Shug Avery sing. I just be thankful to lay eyes on her.



2. Now look at these 2 clips (The Color Purple, 1985): What would you say about Shug’s ‘feelings’ towards Celie? Please explain.
I love the way Miss Celie and Shug came together. Shut taught her to value herself and dream beyond her situation.

Reacties