Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Task 6

1. Add the 3 copies of the sonnets in your file.
Sonnet 144

Two loves I have of comfort and despair,
Which like two spirits do suggest me still:

The better angel is a man right fair,

The worser spirit a woman colour'd ill. To win me soon to hell, my female evil
Tempteth my better angel from my side,
And would corrupt my saint to be a devil,

Wooing his purity with her foul pride.
And whether that my angel be turn'd fiend
Suspect I may, but not directly tell;
But being both from me, both to each friend,
I guess one angel in another's hell:
    Yet this shall I ne'er know, but live in doubt,
    Till my bad angel fire my good one out. 

2. In what moods are these sonnets written? How do you know?
Love: red
Hate: blue
Doubt: green


3. What is your personal opinion about your chosen sonnets?
I do not agree with this sonnet because I think man and woman are equal to each other.
17 words


4.Would you say that there is still hope for Shakespeare?
I chose sonnet 1.
Yes, because here he said if he Till his bad angel fire my good one out. But if his good angel till his bad angel. Then there is still some hope for Shakespeare.

5. Select ONE of the three sonnets and make an A4-size collage.
Van het Chandos-portret, dat dateert uit de periode 1600-1610, wordt vermoed dat het William Shakespeare uitbeeldt. De National Portrait Gallery, waar het te bezichtigen is, is daar zelfs van overtuigd. De maker van het schilderij is onbekend.
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hell



























1. Sonnet 147
My love is as a fever, longing still
For that which longer nurseth the disease,
Feeding on that which doth preserve the ill,
The uncertain sickly appetite to please.
My reason, the physician to my love,
Angry that his prescriptions are not kept,
Hath left me, and I desperate now approve
Desire is death, which physic did except.
Past cure I am, now reason is past care,
And frantic-mad with evermore unrest;
My thoughts and my discourse as madmen's are,

At random from the truth vainly express'd;
    For I have sworn thee fair and thought thee bright,
    Who art as black as hell, as dark as night.


2.
Desperate: Red
Unrest: Blue

3.
he says his love is his fever, he is desperate and longs for death. I think this is not good because you always have to keep believing.
27 words.


1.
Sonnet 151
Love is too young to know what conscience is;
Yet who knows not conscience is born of love?

Then, gentle cheater, urge not my amiss,
Lest guilty of my faults thy sweet self prove:
For, thou betraying me, I do betray 5
My nobler part to my gross body's treason;
My soul doth tell my body that he may
Triumph in love; flesh stays no father reason;
But, rising at thy name, doth point out thee
As his triumphant prize. Proud of this pride, 10
He is contented thy poor drudge to be,
To stand in thy affairs, fall by thy side.
    No want of conscience hold it that I call
    Her 'love' for whose dear love I rise and fall. 


2.
Love: Red

3.
I agree with him. Because love can be treacherous and if someone betrays you, you can also betray him.
19 words.


















Reacties